In chronological order:
1) dallasnews.com = (Dallas Morning News) Because I want to “Live Better Here,” I check out the local paper online every day.
2) mcall.com = (Allentown Morning Call) Lived in the area for several years,
still like to check in for the headlines and business doings.
3) philly.com = (Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News) Actually, I don’t bother with the Inquirer. I go for the headlines and the Philly sports coverage, of which the DN offers the best around.
4) salon.com = (Salon) Great coverage and columns of important news, pop culture, etc.
5) slate.com = (Slate) See “Salon” above.
6) mlbtraderumors.com = (MLB Trade Rumors) Tim Dierkes and his staff do an incredible job of updating readers on all acquisitions and rumors in baseball.
7) rotoworld.com = (RotoWorld) A great site compiling all the latest news in sports.
8 ) espn.com = (ESPN) Maybe you’ve heard of it.
9) aintitcool.com = (Ain’t It Cool News) All things movie and TV, with tons of casting and production news and spoilers, and the ever-popular “talkbacks” where other pop culture freaks comment away.
10) superherohype.com = (Superhero Hype) If AICN (above) just focused on comic book and sci-fi movies and TV shows, it would look like this.
11) adssuck.blogspot.com = (Why Advertising Sucks) Blog updated near-daily by various contributors who work in the ad game. Topics range from clients, account service people and management to fun pop culture things, boxing and comedy.
12) willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com = (Philadelphia Will Do) This guy writes for Philadelphia Weekly, but his blog is always funny and snarky. Keeps me up-to-date on Philly as much as #3.
13) facebook.com = (Facebook) I have a profile here, but I don’t really do much on the site any more except connect with family/friends/colleagues who join up.
14) myspace.com = (MySpace) Same as Facebook. Used to post my blogs there, but this is way cooler and gets more hits.
15) linkedin.com = (LinkedIn) A really cool site for networking, especially in a business where it’s really important to have contacts. I’ve found people from college, past jobs and my current job – and collected nearly 200 connections. (You never know.)
16) cnn.com = (CNN) Probably should move this up in the lineup, since it’s kind of important.
17) benmaller.com = (Ben Maller, links to Fox Sports) More sports rumors and news, collected from all over the place.
Non-daily sites include The Onion, Cracked, College Humor, Funny or Die, Apple.com (for the movie trailers), Plaxo (a weird combination of MySpace/Facebook and LinkedIn), Baseball Reference and more.